The response has been AMAZING to the posts Top 5 Kid-Friendly SXSW Events 2012 and ANOTHER Top 5 Kid-Friendly SXSW Events 2012. I’m glad that folks like the information and I’m glad I’ve been able to keep the web site from crashing. (Although my right sidebar is broken, what is up with that? If you want to LIKE me, you can scroll down below the posts.) If you are looking for even more information, try out Free Fun in Austin’s Kid-friendly SXSW post. I hope to see lots of families and kids around town next week!
Here are a few highlights from the week…
1. David Scott, Austin’s KXAN news anchor, reported the news that GrowingUpAustin.com is a well-known local blog. Wooohooo! He was talking about FreeFunInAustin.com and LiveMom.com too. Wooohooo again! Check out the video here, on the left.
2. Jennifer Borget from Your News Now, reported that GrowingUpAustin.com, LiveMom.com and FreeFunInAustin.com are providing Austin families with valuable information about SXSW activities for your kids. Imagine that! Check out the video here.
3. When I made phone calls to verify information and check on details, I got used to saying, “This is Carol Ramsey, from GrowingUpAustin.com,” like GrowingUpAustin.com was a social media player of some kind. More than once, the person I was talking to said, “Yes, I know who you are” which just about knocked me out of my chair.
4. AustinKidsDance.com, a Growing Up Austin web site, has seen a lot of traffic this week. The site helps families see growing-up live music in kid-friendly venues year-round. It’s fun to see more people discover what it offers.
5. Thank y’all for reading, really, seriously, Thank You.
It has been a good week. I can’t wait to check out some of the events with my kids. I’ll let you know how it goes!