You don’t have to give up fun altogether when you have small kids, it is just different. Here’s how the Austin City Limits Festival went for me…
– One day instead of three.
– Less drinking.
– More appreciation for just being there.
– I don’t see new bands as often as I wish I could, since they have to play on Thursday night about 8pm on a no-travel-week when no one in the house is sick, for it to work. So, I went from stage to stage to stage, not staying if I wasn’t that into it and stopping to listen to anyone on the way. I saw ten bands in all, about a whole year’s worth.
– First album I’m going to buy – The Black Keys.
– Favorite band I’m going to put back on my iPhone – Carolyn Wonderland.
– Best live show I would love to see again – Vampire Weekend.
– Best snack – Hyde Park Fries
Thanks for a great day, ACL. See you next year!